Glastonbury Abbey's Statement on COVID-19 Pandemic
March 30, 2020
We are reaching out to you again to let you know that the monks are here for you and praying for you! If we can help you in any way, please let us know.
The following options are still available to you here and may provide you with some solace and serenity:
• Send the monks your prayer intentions by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Watch our daily Mass (Mon.– Sat. at noon; Sun. at 9:30) live on Facebook. Click here to go to our Facebook page. If you need any help on how to do this, please email Fr. Albrecht: email@example.com
• We will let you know soon which Easter week services will be live streamed.
• Uplift a loved one's spirits by sending them a Mass Card or Spiritual Enrollment. People are sending these cards to their friends or family in the health care field to support them during this difficult time. Others are sending these cards because they have to miss an important family gathering, such as a birthday, anniversary or funeral, or because they can't visit someone who is ill. We can personalize a message and send directly to your loved one. Order online or call 781-749-2155 ext. 342.
• Come and get some fresh air by walking our grounds and our labyrinth. Bring your well-behaved dog. Visit the goats and chickens.
• Meditate with Brother Matthias on Mondays at 6:30 PM on Zoom. Please contact Br. Matthias at firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will send you the link. Meditation is also occurring Thursdays at 6:30 PM on Facebook live. Click here to go to our Facebook page.
• Check our Facebook page daily for prayers and poems and updates.
• Call 781-749-2155, x343, or email email@example.com, if you need any type of assistance.
We pray for you every day, for your health and safety and peace of mind. We pray for you with deep gratitude that you are our friend. God bless you.
Abbot Thomas and the Monks of Glastonbury Abbey
"All guests who present themselves are to be welcomed as Christ for he himself will say, I was a stranger and you welcomed me." Rule of Benedict 53:1
For more than 1500 years men and women from all walks of life have been visiting Benedictine Monasteries and finding there a safe place of spiritual refreshment and peace. Glastonbury Abbey's RETREAT AND SPIRITUALITY CENTER is a contemporary response to this tradition and to the Rule of St. Benedict' s injunction that "all guests be received as Christ."
Individuals and groups of all faith traditions are welcome to use our facilities. Guests may make one of the scheduled retreats, conduct their own program, work with the monks in developing a program, or simply come for a few days of quiet reflection. For more information please consult: Retreat Facilities and Sign Up or call 781-749-2155 ext. 300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to specific questions. Please click here for a retreat schedule.
Glastonbury Abbey Retreat and Spirituality Center is a member of the Association of Benedictine Retreat Centers. Contact with other Benedictine retreat centers may be made through this link.