Glastonbury Abbey's Statement on COVID-19 Pandemic
Updated March 30, 2020
We are reaching out to you again to let you know that the monks are here for you and praying for you! If we can help you in any way, please let us know.
The following options are still available to you here and may provide you with some solace and serenity:
• Send the monks your prayer intentions by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Watch our daily Mass (Mon.– Sat. at noon; Sun. at 9:30) live on Facebook. Click here to go to our Facebook page. If you need any help on how to do this, please email Fr. Albrecht: email@example.com
• We will let you know soon which Easter week services will be live streamed.
• Uplift a loved one's spirits by sending them a Mass Card or Spiritual Enrollment. People are sending these cards to their friends or family in the health care field to support them during this difficult time. Others are sending these cards because they have to miss an important family gathering, such as a birthday, anniversary or funeral, or because they can't visit someone who is ill. We can personalize a message and send directly to your loved one. Order online or call 781-749-2155 ext. 342.
• Come and get some fresh air by walking our grounds and our labyrinth. Bring your well-behaved dog. Visit the goats and chickens.
• Meditate with Brother Matthias on Mondays at 6:30 PM on Zoom. Please contact Br. Matthias at firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will send you the link. Meditation is also occurring Thursdays at 6:30 PM on Facebook live. Click here to go to our Facebook page.
• Check our Facebook page daily for prayers and poems and updates.
• Call 781-749-2155, x343, or email email@example.com, if you need any type of assistance.
We pray for you every day, for your health and safety and peace of mind. We pray for you with deep gratitude that you are our friend. God bless you.
Abbot Thomas and the Monks of Glastonbury Abbey
A Community Resource for Your Events
A Picturesque Venue for Weddings, Events, Meetings, and Socials
In the ancient tradition of Benedictine hospitality, the Glastonbury Abbey Conference Center offers a comfortable, light-filled venue for celebrations, meetings, and retreats. The tranquil beauty of its natural setting on the grounds of the historic Glastonbury Abbey in Hingham is a welcome respite from the city, yet it is only minutes away from Boston.
If you are looking for something different for your next special event, corporate meeting, party, banquet, reception, or retreat, the Abbey Center offers a unique alternative. The Abbey's Benedictine monks extend their hospitality to create a serene setting that accommodates your needs.
Set on more than 60 wooded acres in Hingham, the Abbey Center offers amenities away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The secluded, peaceful setting provides an environment where participants and coworkers can think and be creative. Whether looking for a place to communicate a simple message or somewhere unique to generate long range business planning, the Abbey Center is a place to foster great ideas.
We will work with you to create a setting that will meet your particular needs and help you achieve your goals. Competitive rates are an added benefit to the unique surroundings at Glastonbury Abbey.
We are available to host corporate functions such as:
- Strategic Planning
- Team Building
- Organizational Development
- Corporate Retreats
We are also available to host special events such as:
- Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations
- Wedding Receptions
- Family Reunions
"The natural beauty and serenity was a wonderful backdrop for our daughter's outdoor wedding and reception. We are still getting compliments! The Abbey was so helpful and accommodating. We couldn't have been more pleased."
Anita H., Quincy, Massachusetts