Glastonbury Abbey News
“Celebrating over 60 years of peace and prayer
….a welcoming presence for all”
All Glastonbury Abbey Programs Have Been Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
March 30, 2020
We are reaching out to you again to let you know that the monks are here for you and praying for you! If we can help you in any way, please let us know.
The following options are still available to you here and may provide you with some solace and serenity:
• Send the monks your prayer intentions by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Watch our daily Mass (Mon.– Sat. at noon; Sun. at 9:30) live on Facebook. Click here to go to our Facebook page. If you need any help on how to do this, please email Fr. Albrecht: email@example.com
• We will let you know soon which Easter week services will be live streamed.
• Uplift a loved one's spirits by sending them a Mass Card or Spiritual Enrollment. People are sending these cards to their friends or family in the health care field to support them during this difficult time. Others are sending these cards because they have to miss an important family gathering, such as a birthday, anniversary or funeral, or because they can't visit someone who is ill. We can personalize a message and send directly to your loved one. Order online or call 781-749-2155 ext. 342.
• Come and get some fresh air by walking our grounds and our labyrinth. Bring your well-behaved dog. Visit the goats and chickens.
• Meditate with Brother Matthias on Mondays at 6:30 PM on Zoom. Please contact Br. Matthias at firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will send you the link. Meditation is also occurring Thursdays at 6:30 PM on Facebook live. Click here to go to our Facebook page.
• Check our Facebook page daily for prayers and poems and updates.
• Call 781-749-2155, x343, or email email@example.com, if you need any type of assistance.
We pray for you every day, for your health and safety and peace of mind. We pray for you with deep gratitude that you are our friend. God bless you.
Abbot Thomas and the Monks of Glastonbury Abbey
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The faith education and spiritual enrichment programs sponsored by the Glastonbury Abbey Institute provide educational opportunities for people of all faiths to connect with others and interact with the world around them.
The Glastonbury Abbey Institute presents an extensive array of educational and cultural offerings each year. Details of the 2019-2020 programs are available here. All programs take place in the Morcone Conference Center, 20 Hull Street, Hingham, MA, unless noted otherwise. Donations gratefully received. Call 781-749-2155, x300 to register or if you have any questions. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Coming up in March:
March 3, 10, 17, 24 & 31, 6:30 p.m. Lenten Suppers: weekly simple suppers of soup and bread, followed by a spiritual reflection.
March 12, 7:45 p.m. TAIZE service at the Abbey Church.
March 19, 7:15 p.m. Listening to Other Voices, Cantor Rosalie Will, "Jewish Liturgical Music: is it "Music" or is it "Prayer?"
March 23, 7:15 p.m., Commonweal Conversation, "Nationalism / Nativism."
March 28, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Day of Reflection with Fr. Albrecht Nyce, OSB, "Science and Religion."
Full details of the above programs are available here.
Sunday Supper: Sunday, March 29, 4:30 p.m.
Monthly supper served by the monks for those living alone or in difficult circumstances. Please join us for a nice, home-cooked meal!
Spiritual Direction Available at Glastonbury Abbey
Spiritual Direction is a centuries old ministry that has seen a resurgence in recent years as people from all faith traditions struggle to find the presence of the Divine amid the busyness and chaos of their lives. The role of the spiritual director is to direct one’s heart and mind to God. The director listens with the ear of her/his heart and, through gentle questioning or suggesting, helps you find where or how God is working in your life.
The Spiritual Direction team at Glastonbury Abbey consists of both lay women and monks. Click here for the biographies of the lay women spiritual directors. To learn more about the spiritual direction ministry offered by the Abbey, or to arrange a meeting with a director, contact: Mayre Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meditation at the Abbey: Mondays, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Meditation is an opportunity to offer peace, love, and compassion during hectic times. Meditation is now indoors at the Morcone Center. (Compline with the Monks optional at 7:45 p.m. in the Church after Meditation.)
UPCOMING RETREATS AT THE ABBEY
All are welcome to join us for a peaceful and spiritual retreat at our beautiful abbey. Offering includes accommodation and meals. Advance registration is required. Please contact our retreat office 781-749-2155 ext. 300 or email email@example.com
April 9 - 12:
The Sacred Triduum Retreat
Facilitator: The Monastic Community
Suggested Offering: $220 (includes 3 nights' accommodation and meals)
Join the monks of Glastonbury Abbey in celebrating the Liturgy of the Hours and the Sacred Liturgy of the Easter Triduum. Two presentations on the spirituality of the Triduum, as well as an opportunity for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, will provide insight for reflection and a deeper immersion into the Lord’s Passion, Death and Resurrection.