Event Facilities & Amenities
The Abbey Center offers a relaxing atmosphere for businesses and families to hold retreats, meetings and events. Set on more than 60 wooded acres in Hingham, the Center offers amenities away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The secluded, peaceful setting provides an environment where participants and coworkers can think and be creative. Whether looking for a place to communicate a simple message or somewhere unique to generate long range business planning, the Center is a place to foster great ideas.
Available equipment includes:
- Internet Access (Wi-Fi and wired)
- Computer hookups and screens
- LCD and overhead projectors
- Slide Projector
- DVD/VHS and large screen TV
There are four areas for individuals and groups, offering seating for up to 180 people.
- The Great Hall seats up to 180 people
- Roundtable arrangement seats 120
- Lecture-style grouping seats 180
- Can be divided into three breakout rooms
- Two additional breakout rooms seat 8 people in a conference style setting
- Additional space suitable for 40-60 people
The culinary talents of the Abbey Center staff are well known to friends and visitors. Our chef, who prepares meals with the freshest ingredients, is available to cater functions or you may hire your own caterer. We offer a variety of menus for:
- Continental breakfast
- Pasta, poultry, seafood, and whole grain entrees
- Fresh garden salad
- Vegetarian and vegan entrees upon request
- Break and snack food
Located 20 miles south of Boston in the beautiful town of Hingham, the Abbey Center is close to Nantasket Beach and Cohasset, a picturesque village with boutiques, restaurants, inns and train access to Boston.